FDA Approved Laser
Not all lasers are created equal and therefore do not produce the same results. Our Lumenis® LightSheer® Desire™ is an FDA Approved, Class 4 medical device.
Since we began offering laser treatments in 2001, thousands of men, woman and teens have trusted our experience and technology to provide them with this safe and effective permanent hair removal solution. We have also successfully re-treated many clients who came to us after receiving poor results elsewhere, with substandard equipment.
Utilizing the most technologically advanced laser system from Lumenis®, a pioneer of laser aesthetics, our technicians provide remarkable results. Lumenis® is trusted by medical professionals worldwide for its quality and effectiveness.
How does Laser work?
Our LightSheer® Desire™ offers two state-of-the-art diode laser hand pieces which target and damage the hair follicle.
- Our High Speed Vacuum Assisted™ technology hand piece is comfortable for treating large areas. It incorporates suction to elevate and stretch the skin. In doing so, the laser achieves maximum absorption into hair follicles. This reduces the sensation of heat and shortens the treatment time.
- Our smaller hand piece, with its ChillTip Sapphire™ integrated cooling system, provides thermal protection, momentarily numbing the skin prior to each pulse, for minimal discomfort.
What should I expect?
- The average number of treatments is 3-5 for light skinned, dark haired individuals. For medium to darker skinned clients, those with hormonal issues or those who have recently used temporary methods, the average number of treatments is usually greater than five.
- Treatments are scheduled at 6-8 week intervals. If needed, you may shave the area between appointments. You must shave prior to your appointment.
- Laser treatments feel like a mild elastic band snap against the skin. This is the lasers energy targeting the follicle. If needed, topical anesthetic creams are available and may be applied prior to your appointment to numb the area.
- The most common side effects are redness and mild swelling which can last anywhere from 20 minutes to a few days.
How to Prepare for your Laser treatment
- Shave the area thoroughly and completely just before your appointment. Feel free to bring your razor with you in a plastic bag for any missed spots or stray hairs.
- For underarm treatments, please refrain from applying antiperspirants prior to your appointment, unless they are aluminum free. They can be applied immediately after.
- Avoid tanning, self tanners and tanning beds prior you your appointment. Self tanners may be safely removed with Head and Shoulders shampoo.
- Accutane should not be used within 6 months prior to laser treatments.
- If you have a history of recurrent cold sores, herpes or shingles in the area being treated, an anti-viral prescription is recommended prior to your appointment.